Sunday, December 7, 2014

The Making of the Pillow

I am more crafty than technologically savvy, so having the pillow be the only visual portion of my project made this part a walk in the park. I had said before in my first post that I am awful at documenting my process, however I have a few photos of my fabric choice before I started sewing. Here's a little proof that I actually made the pillow and didn't just buy it at walmart.



The pillow was a very simple build. It was a simple stitch on three sides of the pillow. Then the pillow was stuffed with a polyfill (that white fluffy stuff that stuffed animals are stuffed with) and then the final edge was closed with velcro.

The velcro was used so the speaker could be easily accessed. The speaker I used was a small round $20 iHome speaker from walmart. 

The speaker plugs into any headphone jack and the volume is controlled by the music playing device. The volume must be set low because the user of the pillow is to place an ear over top of the speaker that is nestled down into the polyfill. 

The pillow itself is very long and thin but it is the perfect size for hugging. I have tested this out and it is very comfortable to use. 

Next I will discuss how I went about mixing the calming track for this pillow.



No comments:

Post a Comment