Sunday, December 7, 2014

The Audio

So the more complicated portion of the project was creating my audio track. This was very much the meat and potatoes of the project so it had to be perfect. It all started with my concept and the actual writing of the voice over that I planned on doing. I knew that I wanted to stick with the natural themes in the voice over. I eventually decided on creating a calming scene following each of the four seasons. I found it very important that breath was a major theme throughout the entire file. I then wrote up a short script and got to work recording it. I only had access to the microphone built into my computer so I was only able to use that. If I had a chance to do it again I would look for a better option. However it worked for what I needed.
The next step was finding a piece of music to play with it. This wasn't very hard to do. I found a track off of youtube that I really liked and it worked really well with my voice over. I was sold.
The last thing I did was find various sound effects for my voice over that would help move the stories along. Once everything was found it was time to start putting everything together.

I am pretty well acquainted with Audacity so it wasn't very hard to put it all together. However I am a perfectionist so it took a while to do. Here is a photo of my Audacity file.


The top line is my voice over, the next is the music track and the rest are all the various sound effects I found. The entire thing ended up being just under 10 minutes with 5 of those minutes being my voice over. Afterward  the listener is encouraged to picture their own happy place. So without further ado, here is the full audio track that I made.




No comments:

Post a Comment